Why we do what we do....

Why we do what we do....


I often wonder why we do the things we do, what drives us and makes us tick. I know this differs from one person to the next and thats what really interests me as a coach and tutor. 


This month I have worked with some great coaches, athletes and tutors all over the UK within the sport of triathlon and swimming. In the times in the between work, I often find myself reflecting on what a privileged position I hold. Not only can I continue to learn and educate myself, but also support peoples goals, dreams and ambitions..... 

Active Blu - Faults and Corrections Workshop - Triathlon England AGM - Nov 2014.

A few of the squad after a hard CSS set - The Red mist Rises. Nov 2014.

I often wonder if I have the best job in the world? Ok sometimes its long days and tiring, however for the most part I get to spend my life with motivated, dedicated people that just want to improve and develop their skills or performance. 

Tutoring Triathlon England Level 3 Coaches - Explore Video analysis. Nov 2014.

However this has not always been the case and sometimes it takes that step into the unknown and challenging yourself in a way you haven't been able to before, to really see your potential and be the best you can be. 

Assessing Level 1 - Triathlon England Cycling - Edge Hill - Nov 2014

For me it was leaving a job and following a dream to take the plunge into running my own business. Yes there was fear that it may not work, there was concern I may have created a job that was not sustainable, but deep down, in my heart I knew I was doing the right thing and somewhere amongst that I was hoping I could create something that would make a difference to people lives. 

Swim Smooth - Swim Types - AGM - Nov 2014.

I suppose I am writing this as it is nearing the end of the year. It is a good time for us to look back and celebrate the amazing things we have achieved. As a culture we normally shy away from celebrating our strengths. Sometimes not even giving ourselves time to acknowledge them.

Video Analysis - Cause and Effect - Nov 2014
However this month I will be regularly writing stories from people I have met this year that have overcome a challenge, achieved a goal or dream and above all want to celebrate and share what they have accomplished so that it can help inspire and support others. 


Challenging our New Coaches - Level 1 and 2 Nov 2014.

If you have a plan, idea or challenge for next year, write it down, think about what you need to achieve it, share it with people and take that step into the unknown. 


Active Blu - Carlisle Coaches Workshop - Nov 2014.
So if you fancy reading some great stories about athletes and coaches, sign up to my blog at www.activeblu.co.uk 

CSS results are out - A rare treat post Swim.
If you would like to share your story please write to me: emma@activeblu.co.uk I look forward to hearing from you. 

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS DREAM BIG !!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it simple.

What a Difference a Month Makes.

Lots of news....